Main Menu Birbrower & Beldock, P.C.
Call Today 845-450-1233

Life come to a stop due to a spinal cord injury?

An injury to your spine is devastating, but it is not the end for you. Your life will change from here on out, but you will get through this. The most important thing right now is taking care of yourself and your family.

However your injury happened, there may be recourse for you, medically and legally. Perhaps, like half of all those with injured spinal cords, you suffered your injury in a car accident.

Here are three steps to take after your injury:

  • Get the medical help you need. Spinal injuries vary in severity, location on the spine, and extent of the area affected. Your entire body can be incapacitated, and it is often permanent. A spinal injury is highly expensive to treat as it requires continued treatment and maintenance.
  • Keep records of all invoices and receipts. If you are able, this will help you in the long-term not only with taxes but also with a personal injury lawsuit. If you broke your back and another individual or corporation is at fault, you will want to file a suit and seek monetary damages for yourself and, if applicable, your family.
  • Speak with an experienced attorney. You should choose someone with experience in personal injury law to begin establishing your case. It would be best if they have experience in spinal injury cases.

      You deserve to move forward with your life. Take these steps to start the process.

      No Comments

      Leave a comment
      Comment Information

      Birbrower & Beldock, P.C. | 151 North Main Street Suite 300 | New City, New York 10956 | Phone: 845-267-4878 | Map & Directions

      Westchester Office | 150 White Plains Road Suite 310 | Tarrytown, New York 10591 | 914.686.4878

      Orange Office | 55 Main Street | 2nd Floor | Goshen, New York 10924 | 845.360.5449